Join us in support of ‘Barbells For Boobs’
Save the date – 9th September
CBX CrossFit is empowering the community to take action against breast cancer by supporting the Breast Cancer Network Australia (BCNA) with a ‘Barbells 4 Boobs’ fundraising event to be held at the CBX Factory on Saturday morning September 9th!
Get your CrossFit on and complete the ‘GRACE’ CrossFit workout to show your support for this amazing organisation.
It doesn’t matter if this event is your first or fiftieth session at CBX CrossFit, we will show you correct form and set you up with a suitable weight so you can complete GRACE safely and effectively.
Everyone is welcome! Gather your friends, husbands, their friends and get behind this fantastic cause.
Every donation made on the day will be going towards the Breast Cancer Network Australia (BCNA) whom work to ensure that Australians affected by breast cancer receive the very best support, information, treatment and care appropriate to their individual needs.
How your donation helps:
In the next 24 hours, 42 Australians will hear four terrifying words – ‘You have breast cancer’. With your help, BCNA will make sure they do not face this challenge alone.
Your donation will help BCNA:
– Provide support to women who have just been diagnosed including delivering more than 12,000 My Journey Kits each year
– Provide an online network of more than 14,000 women sharing stories, experience and support
– Provide more than 12,000 My Care Kits, which include a post mastectomy bra and soft form, to help women feel more comfortable after surgery
– Advocate on behalf of Australians diagnosed with breast cancer to achieve important changes to government policy
– Deliver breast cancer information forums across Australia in remote and regional areas
– And much, much more!
Why barbells? The barbell represents a commitment to health and wellness. Health encompasses nutrition and exercise, the only proven way to reduce the risk of cancer. Wellness means advocating for yourself by taking action, because no one is immune to chronic disease.
Join us in the movement – get involved and see you at CBX CrossFit on Saturday September 9th between 7-9am.
More details: GRACE sessions will be held every 30mins between 7am-9am and include a full skill session prior to the workout. GRACE = 30 Clean & Jerks for time (RX’d and scaled versions).
The session and a BBQ is being provided at no charge by CBXCrossfit. However, you are invited to donate to ‘Barbells For Boobs’ click here to join our fundraising team and leave a donation.
Contact us today to book and support a great cause!